Mingalarbar Dear Colleagues
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for
your continued support of Balloons ride over Bagan”, and update
you on our new pricing structure in time for the next season
which will operate from 20th October 2014 through until 31st
March 2015 in Bagan , 1st November 2014 through until 31st March
2015 in Mandalay and 15th November 2014 through until 31st March
2015 in Inle.
For our operating season, our capacity is 40 passengers per day
in six balloons (two balloons with four passengers and four
balloons with eight passengers). We offer both private charter
and premium service to all our passengers with one sunrise
flight per day of 45 minutes to one hour duration, depending on
the wind speed on the day.
Take to the skies of Myanmar in our small, exclusive balloons
and experience the true flavor of this astonishing country from
a different perspective! Feel at ease in our traditional wicker
basket compartments, which you will share with only one or two
During our bespoke flights, your professional and knowledgeable
pilot will open up a new horizon of tales and discoveries before
you. Drifting on the gentle breeze, fly low over villages to
hear local people greeting you with waving hands and a friendly
‘Mingalabar’. Climbing high, you can take in the 360 degree
panoramic view of the entire region. The Balloon Ride over Bagan
would like to make your visit truly memorable by taking you into
the skies on one of our exclusive balloon rides. Enjoy a
viewpoint that no other form of transport can offer.
As you eventually drift back to earth, you will be greeted by
our dedicated crew, and can celebrate your flight with a glass
of chilled sparkling wine, in true aeronautical tradition.
Please accept, with our compliments, your own Oriental
Ballooning cap and personally-signed flight certificate before
we return you to your hotel or guest house.
Flying Over Bagan
Flying over the unique Bagan area, you will be astounded and
amazed by the beauty and diversity of the temples and stupas
below you. With the Irrawaddy River, a life-giving companion to
the west and mountains to the east, your flight of a lifetime
will carry you over the temples and fields of this historical
One of our sites is situated on the river bank near Nyaung-Oo U
town and the famous Shwezigon pagoda. As you arrive on the site,
our dedicated team welcomes you with freshly brewed coffee or
tea, croissants and pastries. You will be escorted to your
balloon basket where your pilot gives you a thorough safety
briefing before commencing to inflate the balloon.
Flying Over Mandalay
The City of Mandalay is the capital of Upper Myanmar, and
considered to be the centre of Burmese culture. Its universities
are amongst the best in Myanmar and the city is a vital trade
and social hub. With a population of over 1 million, it is a
vibrant, exciting, busy place to spend some time.
There is no better way to see Mandalay, than flying with Balloon
Ride over Bagan! You will discover hidden sights and treasures
of this historic area which can only be seen from the elegant
luxury of a balloon basket. We are the only balloon company
offering flights over and around Mandalay.
Flying Over Inle Lake
Nestled between the mountains of the southern Shan State lies
one of Myanmar’s top destinations: spectacular Inle Lake. The
Lake itself (approx. 20km by 11km) can be found in the Southern
Shan Hills, with the scenery providing stunning panoramic views.
With its stilted villages, Intha leg-rowing fishermen, floating
vegetable gardens and layered mountains as a backdrop, Inle Lake
is one of the most unusual and extraordinary places in the World
in which to enjoy a hot air balloon flight.
In this unique environment, a hot air balloon flight is an
adventure not to be missed. Your day will begin early as you are
collected from your hotel. A boat will be on hand to transport
you across Inle Lake just as the early morning mist adds surreal
vistas during your journey to one of our specially-chosen launch
sites, often on the west side of the lake, from where the
PRICE PER PAX
20th October 2014 to 31st March 2015
US $ 310 per person
1st November 2014 to 31st March 2015
US S 310 per person
15th November 2014 to 31st March 2015
US S 370 per person
Private Charter and Premium service includes:
1. Personal pick up and drop off, with small size on and off road vehicles.
2. Full Safety Briefing and viewing of pre-launch inflation from a dedicated viewing area, with hot beverages and light breakfast snacks.
3. 45 min – 1 hour balloon flight in a four or eight passenger balloon, for a more exclusive, intimate and interactive flight experience.
4. Sparkling wine and fresh fruit reception after landing, with presentation of personal flight certificate.
Confirmation and Payment
1. All pre bookings must be made through Toe Toe Myanamr Travel & Tours.
2. Cancellation fees will only apply upon payment and issue of tickets. Cancellation fees are as follows:
3. Applies only to pre bookings between 1 to 20 passengers
4. Cancellation between one month and 7 days before flight – 80% refund
5. Cancellation between 7 days and 72 hours before the flight - 50% refund
6. Cancellation less than 72 hours before the flight - no refund
Balloon Ride over Bagan Terms and Conditions
(1)Passengers should wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or skirts, preferably made from natural fibers.
(2) Any medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to BALLOONING at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight. Pregnant women will not be allowed on flights. BALLOONING will not be liable for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot, crew or company representatives.
(3) Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
(4) Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted to fly with BALLOONING. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and only if the child is over 4’6” or 137cm in height.
(5) As the pilot is legally responsible for the safety of all passengers at all times connected with the flight, he or she has the right to refuse passengers for whatsoever reason as to not endanger the flight or other passengers.
(6) Full attention must be paid by passengers to the safety briefing given before the launch of the balloon, and questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understood or unclear.
(7) The decision of the pilot of the day is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders.
(8) BALLOONING expects passengers to give full co-operation and assistance if needed to the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
(9) BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
(10) BALLOONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
(11) BALLOONING accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other passenger or bystander.
(12) BALLOONING accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
(13) BALLOONING will not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects taken on flights.
(14) BALLOONING reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
(15) No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
(16) Receipts, payment vouchers or flight tickets are to be produced on arrival at the launch site.
(17) Smoking is not permitted in and around the balloons at any time.
(18) At all times, do not walk between the trucks or tractors and the balloon .
(19) During the inflation of the balloons, remain in the passenger reception area until called to your balloon by your pilot.
(20) Before landing, stow all cameras, videos, binoculars etc. Do not hand anything around your neck
(21) On the command ‘Landing Positions’:
(22) After landing, stay in the basket. Do not get out, until the pilot tells you it is safe to exit.
- Face backwards to the direction of travel, and hold tightly on to the rope handles inside the basket
- If seats are provided, sit down on the seats. If not, bend your knees (as if skiing), but do not sit on the floor
- Lean back against the basket padding
- Stay in this position until invited to stand upright again.
Balloon Ride Over Bagan Terms and conditions for bookings
1.All reservations must be made in writing, at least two days before the flight date, directly to our sales and reservation office in Yangon,
2.Bookings will not be secured until payment is made in full.
3.Balloon Ride over Bagan will require the following passenger information at least one week before the flight;
1. Full names
4. Hotel contact details
4.Cancellation fees have now been amended as follows:
• Cancellation less than three weeks before flight – no refund
• Cancellation more than three weeks before flight – 80% refund
(Applies to all pre bookings)
5. Balloon Ride over Bagan accepts US$ (Cash).
6. Passengers must register at our sales desk upon arrival at each destination, Bagan, Mandalay or Inle.
7. No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
8 .Balloon Ride over Bagan reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
8. Flights cancelled by Oriental Ballooning for safety reasons or as a result of unfavorable weather or operational difficulties will be refunded in full.
9. BALLONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
10 BALLOONING reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
11. Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
12. Ballooning reserves the right to revise all rates, terms and conditions in the event of an upsurge in the market, with a minimum one month notice. However, Ballooning would consider all reservations that are confirmed in writing to be at the current rates and terms.
Balloons over Bagan - frequently asked questions
1.When can I fly with Oriental Ballooning?
The flying season in Myanmar is October to March. We are currently offering early morning flights throughout this period.
2.How long do I need to allow for a balloon flight?
From pick up at your hotel, to returning you there, takes approximately 3 to 4 hours.
3. I’m not very good at getting up in the morning. Is it possible to fly in the afternoon?
We do not offer afternoon flights. Morning flights are cooler and more likely to occur, as the weather conditions are more reliable and suitable in the morning.
4. At what time will I be collected from my Hotel?
A Passenger pick-up time varies by location and throughout the flying season but is generally between 5.30am and 6.15am. We will inform you of the exact time when you confirm your flight, which is usually the evening prior to your flight.
5. Why do we need to go so early in the morning?
To take advantage of the best flying conditions and to capture that all-important early morning light as it illuminates the temples and stupas. Later in the day the atmosphere may become unstable making it unsuitable for ballooning.
6. How far and how high do we go?
Hot air balloons fly with the wind so the distance travelled depends on the wind speed. Typically you will travel between 5 and 10km. Your pilot will alter the height the balloon travels at throughout the flight to give you the best views. At times you will glide along at tree-top height and at others you will be given a panoramic view from 2000 ft/600m.
7.I’m afraid of heights, is this a problem in ballooning?
You needn’t be. In our experience, people who say they are afraid of heights invariably find that in a balloon basket their fears melt away immediately the balloon leaves the ground. There is a scientific explanation why this is so, but we won’t bore you with it here. Just try it and you’ll find out!
8. How many people will there be in the basket?
Balloon baskets, like balloons come in different sizes. Oriental Ballooning is proud to offer you compartmented baskets for your safety and comfort. There will only be one other passenger in the same compartment as you.
9. Can my child go ballooning?
A Passengers aged 8 or older can be flown, as long as they are at least 137cm tall (4ft6in). Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied on the flight by a responsible adult. Sorry, we don’t offer reduced fares for children.
10. I’m not very physically fit. Is this a problem?
You need to be able to climb in and out of the basket and stand unaided for an hour or so. If you are unable to climb in and out, we have a basket available with a door to aid easy entry into the basket, which may be available for an extra charge.
11. What should I wear?
You should wear layered, comfortable outdoor clothing and sturdy flat shoes. Although it gets hot quickly when the sun rises, it can be quite cold and damp before sunrise, especially during December and January. It is best to wear layers of clothes, which you can take off as the morning warms up.
12. What about toilets?
A Sorry, we don’t have any toilet facilities available on our launch or landing sites.
13. What can I bring along on the flight?
A Handbags, cameras, binoculars and lots of questions; just as you would when out with a tour guide. You will want to capture those memories and our knowledgeable pilots will be happy to answer all of your questions. Valuables are carried in the basket at the owner’s risk. Make sure you have plenty of space on your memory card and your camera battery is fully charged .
14. How can we pay for a pre-booking?
For pre-bookings, full payment must be made preferably by bank transfer at least one month in advance, or by cash at Toe Toe Myanmar Travels & Tours, before your departure to Bagan.
15. Do flights get cancelled and if so, what happens?
Flights can be cancelled for safety or operational reasons. Although the weather in Myanmar during the flying season is very stable, there are occasions when we have to cancel a flight for the safety of our passengers, pilots and crew. If this happens, we may be able to offer you a later flight in the same location or one of our alternative locations. If you are unable to take advantage of this, don’t worry, you will receive a full refund.
16. How can I book a flight with Oriental Ballooning?
In person, call or email one of our offices listed below, or fill in the form on the ‘Contact us’ page of our website
17. How much does it cost?
The cost is different depends on the region valid until 31 March 2014 which includes the following: Collection from and return to your hotel A light breakfast of tea, coffee, croissant and pastries Pre-flight safety briefing Balloon flight in one of our new, intimate balloons Post-flight fruit juice, fresh fruit and sparkling wine Written flight certificate signed by your pilot.
18.How can I pay for my flight?
Telegraphic transfers can be made directly to our from WESTERN UNION Account at least one day in advance as per the following details: and please note that all bank charges have to be paid by clients.
||: Daw Mu Mu Than
||: (CB Bank,Bahan T/S, Myanmar ).You can visit the Website (www.westenunion.co.jip ).
| Beneficiary Address
(Please do not mention Burma or Myanmar or Bagan or any reference to this country in the
Payment can be settled at our agent upon your arrival to Yangon during office hours. Our office is open from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday and is open until 1:00 PM on Saturday. We are closed on Sundays. Our address is:
Toe Toe Myanmar Travels & Tours
Bld A-1, Room 612 ,YaeTarchez Road, Bahan Township,Yangon,
Tel/Fax: (951) 552649, HP ( +95) 73240895